Happy New Year everyone,

A female King Eider was far offshore from Stehli Beach (the westernmost beach
on the Bayville strip). I was standing just beyond the little pavillion about
halfway down the parking lot and looking due north. It was associating with a
long line of White-winged Scoter (and almost nothing else) a couple of hundred
yards offshore. I thought I saw a report of a female from this area sometime in
the last couple of weeks but can't find it now - and I assume this was the same
bird the Northern Nassau CBC reported.

There was one flock of goldeneye there - no Barrow's. A second group was
halfway between the big parking area for Ransom Beach in Bayville and the
apparently private overlook on Merritt Lane to the east. A cursory look showed
no funky goldeneyes, although apparently a female was there this morning per
Angus Wilson on eBird. Also no luck around Sands Point, although Andrew Baksh
had a drake there this morning as well.

Brendan Fogarty