I made it back to Kissena Park (Queens, NYC) today and saw a single Rusty
Blackbird south of the marsh. The pair of Common Ravens made a brief
appearance on the path that runs parallel to 164th Street before bring
chased out of the park by a Red-tailed Hawk. A Turkey Vulture also made a
brief appearance over the fields on the western half of the park.

I found at the park six (6) species of woodpecker, the most notable was an
adult male Red-headed Woodpecker. Also present were a Yellow-bellied
Sapsucker, a flicker, a hairy and a few red-bellied and downy woodpeckers.

I saw a total of 27 species, and my list can be found on ebird.

I didn't have the time to investigate, but a Cesar Castillo and a dog
walker reported seeing the red-tailed hawks nesting and a great-horned owl
in the park.

--
Joseph O'Sullivan, Foraging Survey Project Manager