I just realized that this never made it to NYSBIRDS.  Some very good
waterfowl was seen today on Staten Island at Arbutus Pond.  First Anthony
Ciancimino found a pair of Tundra Swans that were scared away by the
resident pair of Mute Swans before anyone else could get to see them.  The
Mute Swans were chasing every bird on the pond, including the Canada Geese.
Damn bully Mute Swans!

Shortly after arriving and missing the swans, Seth Wollney found a Greater
White Fronted Goose on the pond with a flock of Canada Geese.

Also present were 8 Common Mergansers, 2 Redheads, 2 Green-winged Teal,
many Ring-necked Ducks and Hooded Mergansers.

The pond is at the intersection of Arbutus Road and Nicolosi Drive.  And is
directly across the street from Raritan Bay.  For those that don't know,
this is just north of Wolfes Pond Park and the turn off from Arbutus Road
is off of Hylan Blvd.  This place is checked often by local birders and as
far as I know has never produced any of the birds seen today.  Not sure
what was going on, but I am not complaining...

I should also mention that this pond is surrounded by large mansions and I
am not sure that the local residents will be too kind to birders.