I led the Monday edition of my twice-weekly tour of Bryant Park this morning.
BP has been strangely quiet this Spring, especially recently compared to
certain *other* small urban parks in NYC.  Today we managed a fairly
respectable list of 20 or so species, although we had to work for them.

White-throated Sparrows were the most evident species, hopping and singing on
all sides.  Gray Catbirds were also much in evidence, a huge change considering
I hadn't seen any at all before Friday.  Today we spotted a dozen or more.
Also seen (mostly single birds) were an unidentified small flycatcher high in
the trees near the SW corner of the park (I think it was an Eastern Wood-Pewee
based on long primary projection, but it looked very yellow.... could've been
the morning light), an American Robin, Hermit Thrush, House Wren,
Black-and-white Warbler, Ovenbirds, a singing Northern Waterthrush (which went
unseen), Common Yellowthroat, Eastern Towhee, Swamp Sparrow and a flyover
Baltimore Oriole.

In front of the Library, there was a Wood Thrush hanging out in the honey
locusts with a Brown Thrasher, and two Turkey Vultures sailed overhead down 5th
Ave.

Not great, not bad...

Cheers,

Gabriel Willow