Glorious morning in West Hills County Park, or as I call it, the Roof of Long
Island.  A dozen species of warblers plus 11 other assorted species.  The best
looks were at the trailhead in the thin air high atop Jayne's Hill (elev. 400
ft.), where the birds were nearly at eye level, and at the bottom by the Toad
Pond.  The place was lousy with ovenbirds and black-and-whites.  The others
were blue-winged, myrtle, yellow, yellowthroat, black-throated blue,
black-throated green, magnolia, chesnut-sided, parula, and worm-eating.  Like
Bob Adamo yesterday, I had a close encounter with a red fox, this one by itself
though. C. Klein