I had a very nice morning of birding today, where things just seemed to fall in
place. (But then again, those "other" mornings don't usually get posted.)  I
first headed for the EPCAL area in Calverton.  I birded both north and south of
the corner of Grumman Ave and Line Road.  Partway through I ran into and birded
with Steve Walter.  Birds seen there included pine and prairie warblers,
eastern bluebird, great crested flycatcher, several meadowlarks and grasshopper
sparrows, as well as the previously seen blue grosbeak.

Then, after an introductory lesson on Odonata from Steve at  Sandy pond, I
stopped at  Connetquot Park on my way home where I got excellent looks at the
yellow throated warbler.

Videos of the singing grosbeak and yellow-throated warbler are posted at my
Flckr site.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/50403904@N03/

Happy early summer birding,

Peter