had pretty low expectations when I drove to Garvey's Point Preserve this
morning. When I had been there on Thursday it had been relatively quiet.  But
my visit to Alley Pond yesterday had left me feeling warbler-deprived, so after
the morning rain subsided, I decided to give it another try.  When I arrived
the sun was just peeking out in the aralia-ringed meadow behind and below the
visitor center.  And to my pleasant surprise, there was movement in the trees.

What I experienced was a veritable Cape May warblerfest.  It seemed as if every
other bird was a Cape May.  I saw at least 5 individuals 2 dull and 3 bright,
and probably several more, along with a scattering of other warblers and a rose
breasted grosbeak.  A walk on the trails added another Cape May, a blue-headed
vireo and a few more warblers.  By the time I returned to the meadow, there was
only one Cape May still there. But with all those aralia berries ripe for the
taking, I'm pretty sure they'll be back.

Here is a link to photos of a number of these birds.  There were many more that
escaped capture by my lens:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/50403904@N03/15125378059/in/photostream/

Warbler List:

Cape May (TNTC)
Tennessee (in the Meadow)
Nashville (at the intersection of trails 4 and 5)
Northern Waterthrush (in the almost empty pond)
BT Green
BT Blue
Magnolia
Parula