Several people were out looking for the Gyr at the Charlotte section of
Rochester on Wednesday. We were there from 9:30 to 2:30 without any luck.
Other people were there before us and after us so I am pretty sure it was
not seen at all yesterday. We did see three BALD EAGLES, one or two COOPER'S
HAWKS, an adult PEREGRINE FALCON, two SURF SCOTERS, three RED-THROATED and
one COMMON LOONS. Two FISH CROWS were in the parking lots, calling often,
for much of the time that we were there.

Afterwards, we headed west down Edgemere Drive to the RG & E power plant to
look at the waterfowl collected there. One of the first birds I put my scope
on was the adult male KING EIDER that has been around for weeks but not
reported recently until yesterday. The drive to and from home was uneventful
except for a SCREECH OWL sitting in a tree hole in Point Breeze.

Good birding!

Willie

Willie D'Anna

Betsy Potter