Hi all,

I just thought I should flesh out some of the details from the earlier reports
of the Little Egret. My initial views of this bird were relatively poor. The
bird was quite distant and hunched down in the creek at the east end of the
marsh. I had no scope with me but noted a couple of features that made me very
interested in getting better views. I made a couple of calls and eventually
reached Ken Feustel who agreed to come along with his scope. Before Ken
arrived, the bird flew south to the shoreline and was lost to view. Around this
time, by phone battery died.

After what felt like an eternity, we managed to find it as it worked the
shoreline but it was again fairly distant. We watched it for a couple of
minutes before it moved east onto private property and out of sight. After
changing our viewing position, we got some good views of the bird and confirmed
the identification. It was at this point that an email was sent out to let
people know. Shortly after, it flew strongly south at height over the bay
towards the barrier beaches and was lost to view, for the final time.

I really hope this bird is refound so that all can enjoy it,

All the best,

Pete