Red headed woodpecker was calling by snackbar between area 1 and 2. Also
had an almost adult COMMON LOON. There were plenty of CASPIAN TERNS. There
were many COMMON TERNS too, one that had almost an entirely red bill. There
was a small touch of gray at the very tip but only from the right side of
bird. When the bird looked left it was all red!!! I got great looks at this
bird as it was on a buoy. Its legs were the same size as the other commons,
wing pattern similar when it flew, plus body was gray like wings so I am
going with COTE. I could see how this can be a difficult id and confused
with ARCTIC TERN. I presume the amount of black on the end of the bill of
the COTE varies....

Dave Nicosia