This morning Jones Beach was largely devoid of migrant landbirds, instead
hosting high counts of biting flies. I missed Bob Anderson's earlier Dickcissel
and RB Grosbeak, though I did have two separate flyover Bobolinks, headed
roughly northeast while "pink"ing distinctively. Several Merlins were seen
coursing over the dunes and dogfighting with each other, and there were two
near-adult Lesser Black-backed Gulls on the West End 2 parking lot. The sandbar
held good numbers and variety at high tide, including Western Willets,
yellowlegs, dowitchers, plovers, and many oystercatchers. The dune ponds are
ponds once more, featuring Blue-winged Teal, a lone Shoveler, and some Solitary
Sandpipers along with more typical fare.

Nickerson's tern colony is still bustling with several hundred skimmers and
Common Terns alike. All youngsters I saw were flighted or close to it, though
some were still being fed. Five Black Terns were found amidst the throng, and
another near-adult LBB Gull was seen in the surf.

Jones: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S24996705

Nickerson:

Cheers!
-Tim H