The only confirmed record of successful nesting for LBBG in North America that
I'm aware of is an individual who has paired with Herring Gulls for several
years at the Isles of Shoals on the border of New Hampshire and Maine. He's a
banded bird, numbered F05 and affectionately called Pierre, who has nested on
Appledore Island since 2007 and wintered in Florida. The steady increase in
LBBG numbers and observations over the years has me wondering whether there are
other undocumented breeders, perhaps with both members of the pair being the
same species, and where they might be. I have been surprised by the number of
Lessers I've seen on the barrier beaches since August, especially the
aggregations of multiple individuals with different age classes at Jones Beach.
Interested to hear some more thoughts on the subject.

Cheers!
-Tim H