Jones Beach was blustery but pleasant. I had a Cackling Goose fly over with a
Canada just before 9, headed north toward the mainland. Striking size
difference between the "two Canadas" caught my attention when I was driving in
past the Police Station. Goldfinches were moving, and Dunlin were the
predominant shorebird. Snow Buntings have returned in good numbers, and I had
Horned Larks and American Pipits in the dunes as well. Also had good harrier
movement and some Great Blue Herons hunkered down in the dunes

Robert Moses was quite for bird life, but I spotted a fox along with the many
deer. The drive between the two featured the JB Tower Peregrine, a Merlin
messing with a pair of crows, and a lone Snow Goose just west of Cedar Beach.

I caught word of 4 Cave Swallows at Venetian Shores and made the trip there.
Enjoyed great, extensive views with many other birders. Additional birds of
note included lingering skimmers and Forster's Terns.

Cheers!
-Tim H