Classification: External Communication

Went to CBM and left at 4:20. Gyr not seen there today.

Regards,

Phil

From: Anders Peltomaa [mailto:anders.pelto...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, December 11, 2015 07:02 PM
To: NYSBIRDS-L@cornell.edu <NYSbirds-L@cornell.edu>; Phil Jeffries
<ebirds...@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [nysbirds-l] Gyrfalcon - NO

Hi all,
At sunrise today Rich Fried and I were on the dock at Cedar Beach Marina with
hopes to see the Gyrfalcon that was found on Wednesday and seen yesterday
morning. After a couple of hours and with 3 other birders also looking for it
we decided to go and check other locations.

When we arrived at Gilgo the fog had rolled in and it was so thick that we
could barely discern the gates and perhaps half of the parking lot. You
couldn't even tell that there was a dock and water beyond. So we turned around
and drove back. Cedar Beach was also socked in fog by then so we continued to
Captree, which was virtually void of birds. Next we stopped at the Coast Guard
Station, where the sand bar was occupied by a large flock of Brant, regular
gulls and a few shorebirds.

At West End II we found a large flock of Snow Buntings (120+) that was moving
between the swale and parking lot.

After another stop at Cedar Beach Marina we made our last stop at Point
Lookout, where we enjoyed watching one male Harlequin Duck, 4 Purple Sandpiper,
a handful of Sanderling and cirka one hundred Dunlin on one of the breakwaters.
Common and Red-throated Loons were on the water, small flocks of Black Scoters
flew west to east, and further out a dozen or so Northern Gannets were feeding.

good birding on an unusually warm December spring-like day,

Anders Peltomaa
Manhattan

Subscribe, Configuration and
Leave<http://www.northeastbirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm>
Archives:
The Mail
Archive<http://www.mail-archive.com/nysbirds-l@cornell.edu/maillist.html>
Surfbirds<http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L>

---
This communication may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If
you are not the intended recipient (or have received this communication in
error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this communication. Any
communication is strictly forbidden.

Deutsche Bank does not render legal or tax advice, and the information
contained in this communication should not be regarded as such.