Joe Giunta, Ed Becher, Joe Viglietta and I (Sy Schiff) arrived at Dick's
parking lot at 10:00 AM shortly before the rain and stayed till 12:30, raining
throughout. During the time, a large buteo flew low and skimmed over the top of
the mound. Going away, it showed its nice red tail. Later a large buteo landed
on the top of the mound, sat motionless and was still there when we left. This
one displayed a lovely belly band. Both resulted in a bit of excitement, but
unfortunately, no cigar.

The sanitation workers were quite accommodating including a security guard who
requested we move back about 6 feet to the bicycle path and thus off the
property itself.