From: bounce-120005371-3714...@list.cornell.edu
[bounce-120005371-3714...@list.cornell.edu] on behalf of Steve Walter
[swalte...@verizon.net]
Sent: Monday, December 21, 2015 9:41 PM
To: 'NY Birds'
Subject: RE: [nysbirds-l] Queens spizella sparrow

I had the opportunity to photograph a few Brewer’s in Arizona in September
2012. I say Brewer’s because they are expected there – vastly outnumbering
Clay-colored. But matching up some of the pictures to field guides was more
difficult than you would think, especially with few actual photographs to
compare to.  I have a few of my pictures available online still, if anyone
wants to compare. In one of them, the tail appears especially long. Also of
note is that the crown streaking looks finer to me than on the Queens bird. Of
course, age and time of year have to be taken into account.

The address is http://stevewalternature.com/steve/sparrows.htm . The pictures
to look at are labeled Las Cienagas 07, 08, and 09.

Steve Walter