I'm writing in the hopes some members of this list are or may know birders
(of any interest level) living in the 5 Towns section of Nassau County
(Lawrence, Hewlett, Cedarhurst, Woodmere and Inwood).
I have had the pleasure of covering this area of the Southern Nassau CBC
for over 15 years. Being very close to where I grew up it has always felt
like coming home, but many of the participants living in these towns have
moved or are no longer with us.
The CBC's are best when they are grounded in the communities where they
take place. With this in mind, if there are any members of the state list
who live in these communities and would like to participate, either by
joining our party or watching their feeders at home for a few hours during
the count please contact me. If any of you know someone living in the 5
Towns who may be interested please pass this along as well.
The count is this Saturday, January 2nd and Audubon no longer collects a
registration fee.

Thank you and have a wonderful New Year!

Sean Sime
Brooklyn, NY
s...@seansime.com