I got a good bird before I even "went" birding when I head a Common Raven a
while walking home from the Lynbrook train station. I stopped first at
Hempstead Lake and connected with some expected species, but then the reports
came in mentioning good birds at Valley Stream. I ended up parking near
Hendrickson and walking north, which proved fortunate since I encountered
another raven atop a building adjacent to the park. The bird vocalized a few
times as it was chased off by some much smaller Fish Crows. I bumped into Arie
and the Zitos at Valley Stream and we searched the western stream. I spied a
silent flyover Chimney Swift: my first of the year. I lingered a bit longer
than the others and ran across the gorgeous male Hooded Warbler just before
sunset. Also had plenty of Yellow-rumps and Palms, in addition to some decent
overall activity. Checklists below.

HL: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S29085972

VS: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S29087689

Cheers!