Jones Beach strip to Robert Moses SP and Captree Island.

Joe Giunta and I (Sy Schiff) started at the Coast Guard Station and then to
West End #2. Our prime interest were wet land birds. But we managed a Peregrine
and a Merlin plus Field, Chipping, Song, Swamp and White-throated Sparrows.
Thrasher and Towhee were singing. The Common Loon was in full breeding plumage
and 3 Forster's terns were flying about on the far side of the inlet.

We headed east to Robert Moses SP , Captree SP ( little success at both) and
then Captree Island. Here there were both Green-winged and Blue-winged Teal,
both Egrets and Greater Yellowlegs

At Cedar Beach Marina, we found another Forster's Tern on the pilings in front
of the parking lot, few more Greater Yellowlegs.a pair of Oystercatcher.and our
first Willet of the season.

There were nests and  Ospreys at every site. A pretty remarkable comeback for
this raptor.

Sy