Since Friday, I have been babysitting 3 of my 4 grandsons in Rockville
Centre, and while mostly house-bound, did manage to see a FOY male Scarlet
Tanager yesterday, which also qualified as a FEOTLRW, aka "first ever out
the living room window" ! I took that, combined with a few early hours at
Hempstead Lake State Park this morning, as equitable recompense !

Arriving at HLSP at ~ 0700, I met Joe Viglietta, who had been at the park
since 0600, and while finding it quiet, had still managed to find a Hooded
Warbler in the area where the stream ends at the north end. Before the rain
became heavier, we had Warbling Vireo and Orchard Oriole, and when Joe
headed out, I headed north to try for the Hoodie, but without success !

Frustrated by the weather, I left the park, stopped for bagels, and was
welcomed with open arms, by my always hungry lieges ! I was relieved of
duty ~ 1600, and with the rain stopped and the sun out, I headed for
Riverhead, by way of the Ocean Parkway.

 A quick ride through Jones Beach West End produced no goodies, and until
stopping at Gilgo, all was quiet. As I started down the e/s row of houses I
thought it was fall migration again, with sparrows everywhere. Although
White-throated were