Hey crew,
Stella Miller found several Black-billed Cuckoos in the woods behind the large
field in back. We watched as a pair of males chased each other and copulated
with a female. There were also at least two Yellow-billed Cuckoos calling
closer to the south end of the field. At least 14 Bobolinks were singing and
displaying in the field itself. The site has been good historically for passage
Bobolink, and both cuckoos likely breed nearby so please don't harass them with
playback. Pat Palladino also had a Wilson's Warbler here later in the morning,
and Stella and I had one nearby in Jericho.
Park here and walk in to the east past the gate: 40.831724, -73.477526. As you
might see from a map, it's a big place. Be mindful of mountain bikers and ticks.
The whole morning summary including some explicit cuckoo photos is here:

Best,
Brendan Fogarty