During a afternoon visit to the Cupsogue flats, on a late rising tide, my dad and I observed a possible Eastern Siberian Common Tern (longipennis).

It appeared to be an adult-like, third year bird with white speckling on its forehead.
It was exhibited multiple traits that set it apart from our local adult Common Terns and similarly aged TY Common Terns, such as an obvious all-dark bill (subtly straighter and smaller); dark red/brown legs; dusky underparts, flanks, and armpits; an interesting primary pattern among other features.

Multiple Forster's Terns as well as 1 SY and 1 TY Common Terns, and a immature Lesser Black-backed Gull were in the loafing larid flock on the flats.

There was also a good assortment of early summer shorebirds on the flats.  Of particular interest was a spanking adult Western Sandpiper and a young, ratty Western Willet.

I was able to get a some photos of the Sibe Tern before my phone died:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/oceanites69

Also my eBird checklist can be seen here:  http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S30291552

Good luck to those who might try for these birds.

Best,
Mike McBrien
East Patchogue, NY & Bristol, RI