I just received an update and photos from Bobby Rossetti that indeed a young
male King Eider was seen along Long Island Sound at Caumsett State Park between
thefisherman’s parking lot and the area just past the pond to the east at low
tide earlier today.   It is evidently working its way up and down the
shoreline.  Photos from Bobby are posted to my flickr account with his
permission https://www.flickr.com/gp/80885180@N07/2qXH3D.
Please note I refrained from reposting original WhatBird King Eider photo which
Ethan Maitra referenced due to possible copyright issues.  A) I do not know the
usability status of images submitted to WhatBird b) I do not even know who the
original finder of the eider is and C) I did not know how to contact them in
order to get proper permission.  It was and likely still is available through
the WhatBird site which can be viewed by making a "dummy account".
Thank you Shai and Matthew for providing the updates on over-summering and
breeding ducks on Long Island and for Bobby for confirming the bird's presence.
Good Birding,
Menachem