It was a tad hotter than yesterday on the East Pond this morning.
Nevertheless, I managed to complete the schlep up the pond from the south
end and back. Shorebird numbers remain much the same from yesterday. I
observed a total of 11 species including the continuing *STILT* and *WESTERN
SANDPIPER*. A Gull-billed Tern was observed opposite Calidrid Crossing,
hanging out near the Double-crested Cormorants.

At the southend, I observed 18 apparent Glossy Ibis' which was a high count
in recent days. In sifting through the flock, I noticed a smaller, darker
backed (less glossy) looking bird and decided to get a closer look. It
turned out to be a *WHITE-FACED IBIS* (WFIB) minus the white feathering
that is usually around the red facial skin. I need to do some photo
forensics but I am pretty confident this is a different bird from the one
that I found on June 5th.

Besides the increase in Snowy Egrets (27). All of the usual species remain
steady with no significant turn over.

Cheers,

--

"I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the
ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own

風 Swift as the wind
林 Quiet as the forest
火 Conquer like the fire
山 Steady as the mountain