Maggie Wang and I spent all day birding the Cupsogue flats working two tides.
There were a decent number of shorebirds but nothing out of the ordinary.

Notables included: 1 WHITE-RUMPED SANDPIPER seen on the rising tide. Ken and
Sue Feustel reported a Whimbrel which we did not see and neither did the
McBriens. There were also a few ROYAL TERNS in the area, including 1 juvenile.

The afternoon falling tide produced two young ROSEATE TERNS and we upped our
flag re-sights to 7 birds that included (Red Knots, Semipalmated Sandpipers and
Sanderlings). One of the flagged Semipalmated Sandpiper was the bird with the
bad flag indicating this bird, has spent another week at the same site since it
was first documented there.

Seawatching, both in the morning and evening was non eventful. Something quite
familiar, as I have been doing some of that of late in Queens with nothing to
report for my efforts.

Cheers,
--------
"I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of
others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence." ~ Frederick
Douglass

風 Swift as the wind
林 Quiet as the forest
火 Conquer like the fire