I did a water level read out this morning and then did some birding, strictly
on the north end of the East Pond.

A lot less shorebirds but I did not stick around until high tide so that could
change. Less than 36 SESAs (Semipalmated Sandpipers) observed, compared to the
estimated 800 reported yesterday.

Shorebird highlights included 2 STILT SANDPIPERS along with a few juvenile
LESSER YELLOWLEGS.

The Gull flock is building up, providing a nice assortment with all of the
expected species on the pond. Of note, were 63 juvenile Laughing Gulls out of a
flock of 289.  Multiple juvenile Herring and Great Black-backed Gulls were also
observed.

While checking the outflow on the north dyke, I observed 1 adult Gull-billed
Tern on the shoreline.

Today's water level read out shows that it continues to drop and I will
continue to monitor the progress. Note: please keep repellant handy, as I
detected an increase in mosquito activity this morning.

Cheers,

--------
"I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of
others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence." ~ Frederick
Douglass

風 Swift as the wind
林 Quiet as the forest
火 Conquer like the fire