This afternoon at around 4pm I had a bid that I'm pretty sure was a
Mississippi Kite cross I495 in front of me about 2 miles East of the
Gabreski / Hampton Bays Exit.  Saw the bird pretty well but wasn't
expecting it and I flipped from Broad-wing (when flapping) to Peregrine
(when it turned) in quick succession before the thought of kite occurred to
me.  In retrospect it seems pretty likely that that is what it was.  I know
the location and dates are all wrong, but can't really make anything else
fit his bird.  Just putting it out there in case anyone is in the area
tomorrow.