All,

We will meet again 7 am at the Montezuma Wildlife Refuge Visitor's Center
Saturday August 27th for another "shorebird" field trip. Water levels
continue low at traditional shorebird hotspots this time of year so we have
had to improvise a bit. Thanks to Dave Nutter and Jay McGowan who were
"scouting" last week and informing me of what they were seeing around other
parts of the refuge.  We will basically go where the birds are being seen.

For now we will start with Wildlife Drive which has been very good for a
nice variety of birds and at least last Saturday the best there was,
locally, for shorebirds. If shorebirds are being seen or reported this week
elsewhere we will adjust our plans. So for now, meet at Montezuma Wildlife
Refuge Visitor's Center 7 am Saturday the 27th and we will go from there.

Below is our ebird list for last Saturday's Field Trip which was Wildlife
Drive only.We spent about 4 hours. We had 66 species.

Thanks
Dave Nicosia