While not exactly hopping, there were clearly more migrants at Alley Pond park
today than on my 2 previous jaunts this fall season. I saw 8 species of warbler
including Canada, BT green and a remarkable 7 chestnut-sided warblers in
various locations within the park.  But the highlight was a male Lawrence’s
hybrid warbler in a poorly accessible area at the southern end of the Acadaian
kettle.  Documenting photos are on my ebird list:

For those who wish to try, from Vanderbilt motor parkway take the short 3 or 4
step stairway (with the Caution sign at the top) up to the asphalt path that
parallels the parkway just north of it.  There you can look down into a deep
kettle hole with a stand of Aralia at the bottom. The bird (along with a couple
of chestnut-sideds) was in this area.

Good luck and good birding,

Peter