About 730 this morning I watched an olive sided flycatcher hawking insects for
about 5 minutes. Was regularly perching on a dead snag about half way up road
to nature center.  It was virtually identical spot several of us saw an olive
sided fly during spring migration. Possible it could be same bird?  I don't
have a clue if migration patterns work that way.

As long as T. Fiore's making music references -- with the humidity high and the
air totally dead albeit in mid September I couldn't get The Satins  In the
Still of the Night out of my head.  And as praise for Putin rains down from the
mouth of a candidate for president (really) of our as yet democracy,  the
sticker Woody Guthrie put on his guitar more than a six decades ago could not
be more apropos.  Good luck and good birding.

L. Trachtenberg
Ossining

Sent from my iPhone