Mei Yee and I birded the Cupsogue flats on Sunday during the falling and
rising tides. The numbers of shorebirds were down as expected for this time
of the year especially in the "peep" department.

In all, we had a total of 17 species of shorebirds. The shorebird
highlights included 158 RED KNOTS, which included 2 juveniles. 2 PECTORAL
SANDPIPERS which included 1 juvenile, 4 WESTERN WILLETS all appearing to be
young uns and 1 WHIMBREL (juvenile).

Non shorebirding highlights on the flats included 56 ROYAL TERNS 3 COMMON
TERNS and 2 FORSTER'S TERNS.

Seawatching, was yet again non productive with 1 tubenose too far out to
make a "proper" call.
On the gulling front, we did document a 3rd CYC LESSER BLACK-BACKED GULL
briefly in the parking lot before it was flushed by arriving beach goers.

"Birding is not like Pokemoning - nothing imaginary unless you are
Stringing" :-)

Cheers,

--

"I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the
ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own

風 Swift as the wind
林 Quiet as the forest
火 Conquer like the fire
山 Steady as the mountain