I sent this post from the wrong e-mail account yesterday; reposting now, sorry.

There is a pair of Common Ravens hanging around the Sands Point Preserve. I saw
them together on September 25th, horsing around with the resident Red-tailed
Hawk.
I saw them again this morning, first coming from the direction of Falaise, and
then later croaking away at the top of the water tower on the entrance road.
This water tower should be checked for breeding activity as it fits with their
preferences.
Some of the preserve staff has also noticed two “enormous blackbirds” walking
around the grounds recently.

Yesterday there was an adult Bald Eagle soaring fairly low over the bluff just
north of the main pond.

Glenn Quinn
Hauppauge, NY