Matthieu Benoit and I (Jared Cole) birded Pelham Bay Park in The Bronx, NY,
on 11/11/2016 from sunrise (about 6:40am) to sunset (about 4:40pm).

We started at Twin Islands, eventually concluding in the Southern Zone of
the park. We did not observe any morning flight. We did have a good
diversity (in low numbers) of several migratory/resident raptors, including
Bald Eagles, Northern Harrier, Cooper's Hawk, Sharp-shinned Hawk,
Red-tailed Hawk, and Peregrine Falcon. We had 8 Emberizidae sparrows
including Eastern Towhee, American Tree Sparrow, Fox Sparrow, Swamp
Sparrow, Savannah Sparrow, Song Sparrow, White-throated Sparrow, and
Dark-eyed Junco.

Two species that stood out were Eastern Bluebirds and Cattle Egret, both
observed by the landfill. We spent just under an hour (3:20-4:10pm) along
the edge of the landfill in the southern zone of the park. We had 6 Eastern
Bluebirds fly up onto the barbwire fence and then over into the landfill
area. Just after passing the landfill, we set up along the fence and had a
Cattle Egret fly by. The Cattle Egret flew southeast from the edge of the
landfill, but we lost it as it flew over the docks that stick into
Eastchester Bay. We snapped photos of both species and they are on the
eBird list: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S32507644.

I will be uploading the other lists to eBird later but wanted to get this
one out in case birders wanted to have a look in The Bronx tomorrow.
#bronxbird

Cheers,

Jared Cole