Thanks to Eileen Schwinn for connecting me to Margaret and Keith Brace, who
were so kind and generous enough to share their yard and hummingbird with me
and my wife. We saw the female/immature Rufous/Allen¹s Hummingbird as soon
as we sat down, and then many times over the hour we were there. It briefly
fed from the feeder at regular intervals. It also fed on salvias and tree
sap. I took many photos but I doubt any of them are diagnostic to separate
Rufous from Allen¹s. If there is a hummingbird bander around, the homeowners
are open to having the bird captured.

Dan Scheiman
Little Rock, AR
(formerly East Meadow, NY)