The Pink-sided Junco at Hamlin Beach SP, originally found by Andy Guthrie on
November 24th, was seen again this Thursday morning at 11:15. I had it just
off the westbound park road in the median, just before the first turnaround
west of Parking Lot #2 (the lot with the gravel piles). It was with about a
dozen Slate-colored Juncos, which flew up from just off the road as I drove
up to them. I pulled over and waited for the juncos to return, which they
did shortly. It has been seen at this spot several times previously.
However, I did not see the bird from 8:30 until then, despite extensive
searching, and I was actually leaving when I found it. This was my second
attempt to see this junco.

Photos of the junco can be seen in my eBird checklist:

Good birding!

Willie

Willie D'Anna

Wilson, NY