Please take a moment to read what you post and to whom you are distributing
your posting prior to clicking “send”.

READERSHIP:

There are over 1,200 recipients of messages posted to NYSbirds-L – those are
just the subscribed email addresses which receive these messages directly to
their email. There are likely countless thousands of others who, in
combination, read messages as visible on ABA, Sialia, or the Mail Archive.

PROFANTIY:

While some of us may causally drop F-bombs while out birding, when we get
really excited or annoyed, or in our personal social media outlets, it is
unacceptable and unnecessary to use profanity on NYSbirds-L.

POLITICS:

Likewise, unless it has direct impact upon a birding locale or a species of
concern, keep political commentary out of postings – anything politically
charged will offend many on this eList and result in unacceptable heated
exchanges on this eList.

RULES:

Please read the eList rules here and contact me privately with questions:

http://www.northeastbirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES.htm

REPERCUSSIONS:

If postings of concern happen and they are brought to my attention, said
offenders will either be placed under moderation for posting or banned from
this eList altogether. Except in extreme cases, this will not happen without at
least one warning.

OWLS:

Although, not an official rule (yet), posting of certain specific owl roosting
locales to the entire eList is not acceptable, especially in metropolitan
areas. There are many people who do not understand how to behave around owls,
and intentionally or otherwise, harass the owls in order to get a “better” look
or “the” shot. If we don’t post locations, we can help reduce stress upon
already stressed birds.

Please go birding and have fun doing it. Not all of us have the free time for
birding, so enjoy it for the rest of us, and please be nice.

Sincerely,
Chris T-H

--
Chris Tessaglia-Hymes