Hi Martin & others interested:

The Snow Goose that Tom is referring to at Van Cortlandt Park, looks like this.
It has been there since 2016.
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-yTlslLuX218/WGPR-MT39vI/AAAAAAAAHQA/12gH5395W4oqVwAILCgMqDeSsK5JwAstgCLcB/s1600/smSNGO-5661.jpg

A Ross's looks like this one, recently photographed at Pelham Bay in the Bronx
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-zoolI1HjHNc/WIFggbv4bLI/AAAAAAAAHQk/dBYrpnN5Ml4ENj7vJlEdBZ8vj3dLc4BVwCLcB/s1600/SMROGOSS-7417.jpg

Martin: if the "White Goose" at VCP you saw looks like the latter, then please
let us know as it might require further investigation.

Best,
--------
"I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of
others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence." ~ Frederick
Douglass

風 Swift as the wind
林 Quiet as the forest
火 Conquer like the fire