First, the Bryant Park (Manhattan) Sparrow question - are there good
photos that UNequivocally show a Lincoln's Sparrow wintering in Bryant
Park, midtown Manhattan? I've reviewed some of my photos from there in
this new year, and do not find any to document occurrence since late
December, 2016.  On Tues., 3/7, a search there found just a few Song
Sparrows, and more White-throated Sparrows, as well as one Gray
Catbird - and I for one am not certain there is a wintering Lincoln's
there, based on any definitive photos from this new year, that I've
seen--- so has anyone?

(1 photo'd. Lincoln's Sparrow did stay at least into 2017 on Staten
Island, N.Y. City)

- - - - - - - - -
MON. to WED. 6-7-8 March, 2017
Central Park, Manhattan, N.Y. City

A young Red-headed Woodpecker in 'transitioning' first-year plumage
continues just west of East 68th Street within Central Park, a good
amount of red now showing on this bird.

More Eastern Phoebes have arrived - 2 seen by Tuesday, 3/7 - and in
more locations as of today.
Black-crowned Night-Heron, Tuesday, 3/7 (reservoir), 5+ by Wednesday,
3/8 (various locations).

Other species noted in Central the past 3 days:

Pied-billed Grebe - 2 (reservoir)
Red-necked Grebe - Monday, 3/6, but not (by me) since then.
Double-crested Cormorant (various locations)
Great Blue Heron
Turkey Vulture
Canada Goose
Wood Duck
Gadwall
American Black Duck
Mallard
Northern Shoveler
Northern Pintail (drake , The Pond - there in various locations)
Ring-necked Duck (reservoir)
Bufflehead
Hooded Merganser
Ruddy Duck
Red-tailed Hawk
American Kestrel
American Coot
American Woodcock
Ring-billed Gull
[American] Herring Gull
Great Black-backed Gull
Rock Pigeon
Mourning Dove
Belted Kingfisher
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker
Downy Woodpecker
Hairy Woodpecker
Yellow-shafted Flicker
Blue Jay
American Crow
Black-capped Chickadee
Tufted Titmouse
Red-breasted Nuthatch
White-breasted Nuthatch
Brown Creeper
Carolina Wren
Golden-crowned Kinglet
Ruby-crowned Kinglet
American Robin
Northern Mockingbird
Brown Thrasher
European Starling
Eastern Towhee
Field Sparrow
[red] Fox Sparrow
Song Sparrow
Swamp Sparrow
White-throated Sparrow
Dark-eyed Junco
Northern Cardinal
Red-winged Blackbird
Common Grackle
Brown-headed Cowbird
House Finch
American Goldfinch
House Sparrow

---------
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you
know for sure that just ain't so.
[Mark Twain]

good birding, and thanks to those respecting all wildlife and other
park users.

Tom Fiore,
manhattan