I just saw an American Woodcock about 25 minutes ago on a handicapped access
ramp leading to 799 Washington Street at the northeast corner of Horatio and
Washington Streets in Manhattan's Far West Village (kitty corner from the small
"park" where the Couch's Kingbird was first seen two years ago).  He seemed a
little disoriented, and was fluttering about a bit.  I went home to see if I
could find anything to feed  him (no grubs handy, but I thought if he was
desperate enough he might go for some nuts or seeds), but when I returned  a
few minutes later he was gone.  No luck trying to refind him.

Best wishes,

Zack Winestine