On Wednesday morning Scott Baldinger found a swan at the Bashakill. It was
viewed from a great distance and we initially identified the bird as a Tundra
Swan.  Once we were able to view many of the photos taken yesterday, we
suspected the bird may be a Trumpeter Swan. The bird continues this morning and
many more photos have been taken. A couple of dozen birders have seen the bird
and we believe it is a Trumpeter. We would like some input from individuals who
have more experience with the species than we do. We all have experience with
Tundra and some of us with Trumpeter. For anyone interested, please see the
ebird reports for Tundra Swan for Sullivan County dated 4/12.  For additional
photos and more description of the bird can be found on my blog at
https://bashakillbirder.wordpress.com   We would appreciate feedback from those
in the know to help get a conclusive ID of this bird. As of this writing, the
bird continues across from the Main Boat Launch at the Bashakill. John Haas
Wurtsboro, New York