Alley {Pond Park 28 April

Joe Giunta, Debbie Martin and I (Sy Schiff) started at the upper parking lot.
This was the first truly lovely spring day. Our first notable bird (ignoring
lots of Robins and House Sparrows) was a singing Yellow Warbler, the first of
10 warblers for the day; namely, 2 Ovenbird, 5 Northern Waterthrush,
12,Black-and-white Warbler, 1,Nashville Warbler, 2,Common Yellowthroat,
5,Northern Parula, 4,Yellow Warbler, 1,Pine Warbler, 50,Yellow-rumped Warbler,
1,Prairie Warbler.

Other arrivals included Veery, Wood Thrush, House Wren, Blue Gray Gnatcatcher,
Ruby-crowned Kinglet, Gray Catbird and Eastern Towhee. A half dozen Rusty
Blackbirds and the Great Horned Owl continue.

Sy