Gerry McGee and I birded the preserve this morning and were pleasantly
surprised. It was so tranquil and beautiful, we were the only two birders
around. After all the intensity of Central Park this week, this was a kind of
relief. Of course there were far fewer species but we had many long and focused
views of Blue-winged Warblers, Eastern Bluebirds, Scarlet Tanagers and others.
While sitting on bench overlooking a field under a tree, many birds came to
visit.

If you need a day off from the intense city birding style, I recommend this
place with wide beautiful trails and more contemplative birding.

Orchard Oriole (few)
Yellow Warbler
American Redstart (several)
Cedar Waxwing (several)