I am grateful to two gentlemen who were walking west on Center Drive for
steering me in the direction of the Prospect Park Swainson's warbler, which
persists in Mid Wood as of 3PM despite the unceasing rain. Walking East on
Center Drive, I took a left on the paved path that starts at the gap in the
long line of shipping containers. Very soon this crosses a dirt/wood-chip
path, but I continued on. I then took another right on the second (or is
the third?) such path, one which has a mighty fallen trunk running along
the first fifty feet of the path, along the right side. Near an area where
several paths cross, about 100 feet in along this trail, I had the
Swainson's twice, with about a half an hour passing in-between. Although
the gentlemen I had met said they had heard the bird singing "some eight
times in two hours," I did not hear it sing at all, over about 45 minutes.
Best of luck if you go, and may you have better weather. --Richard Fleming

--
inthefieldrecording.org
instagram: @amazingbarbershop