If you are going by car to see the Swainson's Warbler at Prospect park this
weekend, I will tell you what I have been doing for the past 4 years in going
to this park without any problem and you can decide if it suits you.

Most of the time I park my car on the streets near the 16th St. entrance to the
park. (South West side of the park). Parking is easy and it's very easy to get
there (from the BQE to Prospect Expressway and then to 11th Ave).

the only time I had a problem is when there is a marathon or half-marathon and
some of the streets are closed.

After entering the park, walk straight to the Center Drive. Don't go right or
left, you will end up on the West Drive and this is not where you want to be.

Walk on the Center Drive, east-bound, for almost a quarter of a mile.

You will see a bunch of green containers lining the Drive on your left hand
side.

Between (not before or after) these containers there are two paths take you to
behind the containers (north of the Drive). You can take either one and you
will enter the Midwood area immediately. Walk inside some 20-50 yards and that
the area where the bird is located mostly. You will see people gathering and
you won't miss them.

Good luck in seeing or hearing the bird.

Gus