Good Evening Peeps,

It seems not too long ago, I wrote to both list-serves asking for your
assistance on the West Pond restoration efforts. Your responses were key in
making that effort a success.

I find myself writing to you again for your help. This evening, I had an
interesting conversation with Dan Mundy Jr. of Jamaica Bay Ecowatchers
regarding the fence and property "situation" at the south end of the East Pond.
If you recall, Steve Walter wrote about this on July 10th.

Without boring you with mundane details, I will just say that we need to push
NPS to acquire the property adjacent to the pond. Otherwise, the business Call
Ahead may snap it up and we are not going to have access to the pond - at least
from that end.

There is an opportunity for that property to be used for wildlife education
purposes and NPS should seize the moment. Those of us familiar with the
location know that it is a good spot for Dragonflies, Butterflies and other
wildlife. The opportunities, are endless for innovative minds. For example,
imagine a trail from the subway station stop in Broad Channel that access the
East Pond via the property.

Please write to Jennifer Nersesian at jen_nerses...@nps.gov

Let her know how much the East Pond means to our community. Access on the
southend is critical to many nature programs.

Urge her to get a move on in acquiring the property in the state's buy back
program.

Thank You.

--------
"I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of
others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence." ~ Frederick
Douglass

風 Swift as the wind
林 Quiet as the forest
火 Conquer like the fire