While kayaking in the Bronx late this afternoon I found an Eared Grebe just
South-West of the City island bridge along the Pelham Bay shore (i.e. just East
of Rodman Neck). The current and waves in the channel together with the diving
activity of the grebe made the documentation challenging by kayak but I got
several pictures. The bird was observed together with an Horned Grebe which
enabled nice comparisons. The 2 Grebes seemed to go back and forth between the
bridge and Rodman neck.

Ebird checklist with pictures of the grebe:

Good birding,

Matthieu