Having just returned from Hunters Garden in Eastport, both Mike Higgiston and I
heard our FOY Hermit Thrush.  (We were there between 8-10am). I believe Steve
Biasetti and Tom Moran heard at least one Hermit Thrush there yesterday.

We also heard and saw Steve and Tom’s Arcadian Flycatcher, and had excellent
views of a Black-billed Cuckoo. Other normal residents were there, including
Ovenbirds, Scarlet Tanager and Pewee.   All birds were seen and heard between
the water tower turn off and the open area, along the dirt road.

The road in is extremely driveable, at least to the water tower turn off, with
minor potholes and packed sand/dirt. Ticks, however, are still present, even on
the sparse grasses of the dirt road.

Rounding out the morning, we saw a Yellow-crowned Night Heron in the marsh off
the tiny boat basin, West End Ave., East Quogue.
Eileen Schwinn
Mike Higgiston

Sent from my iPhone