As far as the Montauk Pelican info, I received a excellent photo and report
late Sunday evening, of an immature Brown Pelican - with a metal right leg
band(not readable, but clearly visible), seen Sunday afternoon on the Town of
Southampton Commercial Fishing Dock.  I believe this matches the description of
the Montauk bird.

An extensive search this morning - 8am-11am- of that area - from west
Shinnecock Inlet to Post La Bridge, Quogue - was not successful in relocating
the bird. Various docks and coves on the “mainland” side of the bay were also
checked.

A word of caution- there is possibly another breach of the dunes again near the
commercial dock.  Equipment was attempting to pile more sand on the oceans
side, however two hours prior to high tide, the waves were already cresting
over the
dune, and spilling on to Dune Rd.
Eileen Schwinn
East Quogue