Neither the Saratoga County Tundra Bean-Goose nor the Pink Footed Goose
have been seen today (Wednesday.). Good numbers of Cackling Geese continue
to be seen, and the Greater White Fronted Goose and Greater White-Fronted x
Canada Hybrid that have been present along the Hudson around Stillwater
have both been reported today.  One or both may still be in the area -
there is a ton of ground to cover and much of the habitat is inaccessible
to birders.

This morning Scott Surner found a male Yellow-Headed Blackbird at Walsh
Road and Route 68 (about 2.5 miles east of Fish Creek Marina.). The bird
was relocated at that location later in the morning by Gregg Recer and
found again by Gail Benson about 1.3 miles NW of its original location,
near where Burgoyne Road intersects Route 68.  This is only the second
record of Yellow-Headed Blackbird in eBird for Saratoga County, though I
haven’t gone through to check the Kingbird yet to see if there are others.
Interestingly, last March a male YHBL spent a couple weeks on Mahaffey Road
in the Washington County Grasslands, only about 15 miles away from where
this bird was found.

At sunrise this morning, while I was checking the small goose flock at the
south end of Saratoga Lake, an American Mink ran right past my foot.

For those considering chasing, the weather forecast for tomorrow is pretty
dismal - rain starting around 9 AM and turning to snow in the evening.  Not
sure what effect this will have on geese, but I imagine the blackbirds will
hunker down.

Zach Schwartz-Weinstein
Albany

--