In case not seen by some with interest in this report, a photo had been posted
of the Violet-Green Swallow found April 22 in Saratoga County to the
publicly-accessible Hudson-Mohawk group list, and that *photo* by the sole (?)
observer / photographer John Hershey, is here:
https://groups.io/g/hmbirds/message/27192
<https://groups.io/g/hmbirds/message/27192>  & one may follow the reports on
that H-M group-list at this link: https://groups.io/g/hmbirds/topics
<https://groups.io/g/hmbirds/topics> (as well as on other bird list-serve
aggregators).  It’s clear too that a number of other birders came out to try.

The photo seems to show a nicely colored male. Quite rare anywhere in the east,
of course…. Vischer Ferry & vicinity is a great area; I with several others
once enjoyed one of the best single hours of birding I have ever had in the
state of NY there (it was a while ago).

Thanks to all who offered reports & obviously to the finder!  If re-found, it’s
a species deserving of reports to the NYS list along with any & all other
bird-report ‘channels’.

good luck,
Tom Fiore
manhattan